I didn’t think I could do it but here we are again. Welcome to my monthly favorites from May 2012. It is a very time consuming process to do these installments but they are really fun and I have made it my mission not to slack off no matter how busy I am :) Without further ado, here are the favorites!
1. Hakuhodo B533BkSL Pointed Eye Shadow Brush – This is not only a favorite for this month, it is one of my HG precious brushes. I actually lost it earlier this month and thought it was gone forever but I found it today in my sock drawer of all places. So happy days are here again as it rejoins its brothers and sisters in the brush holder. Measuring only 12cm long from end to tip, this little baby is perfect for blending shadows around the lower lash line and for detailed crease/socket work. It’s baby soft bristles do not scratch at the delicate skin around my peepers. Lately I’ve been wearing lots of smudgy looks and this brush is perfect for the task. My old favorite was the MAC #219 Pencil Brush but that has been bumped down to#2. The Hakuhodo is a bit fuller in the tip and seems to do the jobs I want quicker and with better results than the #219. It is available for purchase on the Hakuhodo USA website for only $18.00.
2. MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder - I love this powder for setting my concealer and foundation. It is very quick and super easy with the aid of my trusty Hakuhodo G527 Powder Brush. I just swirl the brush around a few times and buff the powder over my skin in circular motions and I’m done in like.. 10 seconds. This powder gets the job done and does not make me look cakey, even under the eyes where those pesky fine lines are starting to appear. I kind of neglected this powder in favor of my Ben Nye Banana powder but this month I’ve been using it exclusively. As you can see I’ve made quite a dent in it.
3. MUD (Make Up Designory) Deep Brown Corrector – Dark circles be gone! This baby does the job for me. I use this product in a few ways. Sometimes I apply it under my eyes before applying foundation and then apply my concealer or sometimes I apply my foundation and then mix it with my concealer. It can also be used as a gorgeous cream blush. The super pigmented cream is packed with oomph so a little bit goes a very long way. Available from MUD Cosmetics either in a palette with other correctors or on its own for $17.00.
Mac Salsarose Blush
Mac Salsa Rose Blush
4. MAC Salsarose Blush (Satin) – I do believe that this is a pro only colour. It is a gorgeous pinky red/coral that is seriously bright so a little dab will do ya! This is one of those shades that just seems to work for my colouring but I think that lots of different skin tones will find it flattering. I have been wearing it all month and I don’t think I’ve put a dent in it. It is so pigmented that I don’t think I will ever run out since I only need a tiny bit.
5. MAC Petticoat Mineralize Skin Finish – This is my favorite shimmery MSF! Unfortunately it was limited edition but it might still pop up on blog sales or sites such as AllCosmeticsWholesale so keep an eye out for it. Somehow I keep forgetting about it but this month I rediscovered it. I love wearing it with Salsarose and of course pink blushes. It leaves a dreamy golden raspberry shimmer on my cheeks thats not ashy at all. The swatch above does not really capture Petticoat’s glory. Owners of this MSF know what I’m talking about.
6. NYX Studio Liquid Liner in “Extreme Blue” - Kapow! This is a seriously intense blue liner and it looks amazing on me I have to say. Brown skinned and brown eyed girls this is your friend :) I love doing a cat eye with this colour. It stays put all day long but washes off easily with make up remover. The brush is very easy to use and draws precise lines. I wish that NYX did these in more super bright colours because it is an amazing product. I’ve seen swatches of the other shades online but none of them seem as bright and intense as the blue. I bought mine on Ebay but you can also find them at Cherryculture.com.
7. Hairitage Hydration Cocoaloe Hair Hydrator - This is a great light weight hair lotion that provides just the right kick of moisture and does not weight my hair down. It is full of natural ingredients which I love and smells like yummy coconut and mango. Mmmm. I bought this on Etsy last month and when I run out I will definitely repurchase. Check out Hairitage Hydation, shes got some really great products. I love the Sprout Hair Butter too!
Embryolisse Lait Cream Concentrate
Embryolisse Lait Cream Concentrate
8. Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate – Okay this is the cream that was making the rounds a few years ago so lots of you probably already know all about it but it’s fantastic so I want to give it props. I’ve been using this as a day time moisturizer with happy results. It’s officially winter here and my skin is super dry in places. This provides a decent amount of moisture without being heavy. I love the light texture and how easily it spreads and absorbs.It’s even okay on my oily skin bit I do use my trusty Smashbox Matte Primer before applying makeup.
Dr. BSC 3d Collgan Eye Regeneration Cream
9. Dr.BSC 3D Collagen Eye Regeneration Cream – I picked this little gem up on Sasa.com during one of my skin care binges. I was looking for a new eye cream and this one had a few good reviews. I really love the texture of the cream, it’s a spreadable gel that sinks right in. The smell is a little strange. It smells sweet but has a strong note of rubbing alcohol. This cream moisturizes well and feels very refreshing on my parched under eye area. Luckily for me they were on special – buy one get one free so I have a fresh new one waiting for me when I finish my current jar. I have been using it for around 4 months now and there is still more than half left.
That concludes my favorites for May 2012. Time to retire to the couch and start season 2 of Mad Men. Once again I am behind the times but at least now that I’m into the show I have heaps of episodes to watch!